You cannot process business transactions for a canceled purchase order in Closing Cockpit. You get the error: G/L Account information missing.
Additionally the following error message appears for the subsequent versions of the purchase order in Accounting: Processing Purchase Order XYZ, version X impossible due to errors in version Y. First resolve the tasks of the business transaction for accounting for Purchase Order XYZ, version Y, then post the business transactions for accounting again.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center General Ledger.
- Go to the view Closing Cockpit.
- Go to the sub-view Source Documents.
- Choose Show: Unposted Source Documents.
- Mark the relevant Purchase Order.
- Choose Actions and then Post Business Transaction.
- You get the error: G/L Account information missing.
You have changed the account assignment for the purchase order just before cancelling it. The new account assignment is not consistent however no Accounting Checks are performed anymore for cancelled items.
To verify this:
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Go to the view Purchase Orders.
- Find the relevant purchase order and choose Edit.
- Go to the tab Items and sub-tab Account Assignment.
- Check the Cost Objects.
- Go to the tab Changes.
- Click Go.
- You can verify that the account assignment was changed for the item at the same time it was canceled.
For immediate resolution, provide us with the desired account assignment information and log a ticket to support. Give us approval to mark the transactions as Irrelevant in the backend using this account assignment information. We are working on a permanent solution in the meantime.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To