You would like to whether it is possible to search for Swift/BIC in the Bank field of Payment Information in the Personnel File of an Employee? because many banks have the same name as well as the same bank code. These banks can only be distinguished via the BIC. But the system doesn't support the search for the Swift/BIC in the Bank field. you need to find out the given number of the Bank in the bank directory.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Edit an Employee and go to Personal Data and sub tab Payment Information.
- Input the BIC in the Bank field but the respective Bank is not fetching.
The feature described is not available in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
In the meantime, below workaround can be considered. You can make use of the SWIFT/BIC column in the value Selection of Bank to select the correct bank. As of now, it is not possible to include it in search parameters.
The steps are,
1. Go to Personnel Administration work center.
2. Edit the Employee through Employees view.
3. Go to Payment Information sub tab of Personal Data tab.
4. Select the Value Selection for Bank.
5. Select Personalize icon to include the SWIFT/BIC in the table, using which you select a correct Bank.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To