You need VAT being accounted in separate G/L Accounts, when it regards Tax Payable account, depending on if it is a VAT receivable or payable.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management WoC.
- Go VAT Returns view.
- Show the reported tax with relevant payment.
- Choose the relevant Reported tax return.
- Click View button.
- Scroll-down the screen and open the related Journal Entry.
You will see that postings will happen to the same G/L Account for Tax Payment even if the tax return is either receivable or payable.
You may verify the concerned G/L Account by following the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search for Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Open the activity and go to the Tax ledger.
- Go to Tax Payments tab.
- Refer to the Tax Payable column.
It is the expected system behavior VAT payable/receivable being accounted to the same G/L Account.
For the Tax Payments, Tax subledger, configuration, the system does not allow adding a second G/L Account for this tax account determination, since it is not possible to further differentiate this account via account determination groups. Therefore, the net payable or receivable will be moved only to the same G/L Account maintained as per the steps in the above section of this KBA (Knowledge Base Article).
It is currently no possible to move the net payable or receivable to different accounts.
If you need the payable and receivable in separate G/L account, this has to be done manually through a Journal Entry Voucher.
Journal Entry Vouchers can be created via
- General Ledger work center.
- Journal Entry Voucher subview, under Journal Entry view.
Tax Payment. Tax Management. Receivable. Payable. VAT. Sales and Use. Tax Return. , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To