When trying to change the "Overall Discount (%)" to Fixed Amount on the Business Configuration you receive the following Error Message: "You cannot change Overall Discount (%), as document(s) already exist".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Implementation Projects.
- Select the First Implementation project and click Open Activity List.
- Go to the Fine-Tune step and search for the Configure Price Strategy activity.
- Select the Configure Price Strategy and click Open Activity.
- Click Configure Pricing Procedure.
- Change the Overall Discount (%) from Percentage (of one hundred) to Fixed Amount.
You see the error message: "You cannot change Overall Discount (%), as document(s) already exist".
Once a sales document has been created in the system changes are not possible.
Once a sales document has been created in the system we don’t allow change of the discount type from % to fixed amount or vice versa because this can lead to inconsistent calculations in the succeeding documents, especially when copy and recalculation is involved.
Even if the document is canceled, system don’t allow any changes in pricing configuration for calculation type as there are chances that documents might get opened or active for reason which are not usually known to calculation engine, because of consistency requirements we cannot allow change of calculation type once a document is saved in the system as changes will lead to inconsistent pricing in successive documents and also data flow verification will complain.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To