- During the installation of a SAP NetWeaver system, the installer stops with the following pop-up error:
- Near the end of sapinst_dev.log file, you can see a similar message, such as the one below:
sapinst_dev.log ERROR <date> <time>FCO-00011 The step runRADDBDIF with step key |NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:3|0|runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Unable to call function. Error message: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised. .).
- SAP NetWeaver Systems as of NW 6.40 and up to NW 7.3;
- Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM) tool;
- Operating System Independent;
- Database Independent.
Installation, System Copy, RADDBDIF, WRITE_FAILED, transport directory, unix, windows, access, authorization, I/O, permission, DIR_TRANS, TRANSDIR, SWPM, Software Provisioning Manager, solman, solution, error, reports, sapinst , KBA , BC-INS , Installation Tools (SAP Note 1669327) , BC-INS-FWK , sapinst and slplugin/slcb , BC-INS-SWPM , Installation with Software Provisioning Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.