You navigate the Depreciation Overview tab of the Fixed Asset and you don't see any Planned depreciation values for some periods.You expect to see the Planned depreciation in the depreication starting from the period the asset was capitialzied.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assetsview.
- Find and select the fixed asset ABC.
- Click on Edit button and choose Values.
- Select the Depreciation Overview subtab.
- You will see that planned depreciation is not shown for some periods.
This is migrated asset and it was migrated with the posting date of XX.YY.ZZZZ.So the historical depreciation till the date XX.YY.ZZZZ was migrated and hence it will not show up in the Depreciation Overview.
This is the expected system behaviour.System will not show any Planned Depreication values till the migration posting date.It will show the Planned Depreication from period after the migration posting date.System will adjust the depreciation amount in the next period which means any differences between the calculated depreciation till the migration date and migrated depreciation will be posted the period after the migration posting date.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To