How to record leave reserves when an employee is terminated and rehired between two legal entities.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration work center.
- Select Employee view.
- Find any employee and click on Edit button.
- In the Time Account Balances tab, select any of the time accounts.
- Now in the Adjustments tab, add a row.
- In the posting type field, there is an option Transfer.
- You want to use this option to transfer leave reserves between two legal entities by the terminate and re-hire the same employee in the system.
The transfer option under the Payment type is applicable for two different time accounts of the same legal entity. When the employee is terminated and then rehired you want the previous account balances to be added to the new time agreements time account balances. This is not possiible in the system.
- You can have the below workaround for the same in the system. But you must manually keep track of the account balances for each employee in an excel.
- Then while terminating and rehiring follow the below steps.
a. Go to Personnel Administration work center.
b. In the Employees view, find an employee who is still active.
d. Click on Edit.
e. Now find the employee in the Employment tab.
f. Check the Reinstatement checkbox under the Special Conditions option.
- If the reinstatement indicator in the Personnel Administration rehire screen is ticked, then the accounts assigned to the employee will be visible in the Rehire time screen. You will have to manually add the balance to which you have kept track of it.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To