- After migrating Java client applications to use jConnect 7.0 from jConnect 6.0 or earlier, ASE may experience high procedure cache usage and high CPU usage which may lead to server unresponsive.
- This would happen together with the following conditions :
- Java application uses a lot of preparedStatement objects
- Java application has long running connections to ASE (like application server using jConnect as cached connections to ASE)
- Java application does not close preparedStatement objects which are created earlier
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7
- jConnect for JDBC 7.0
DYNAMIC_PREPARE, monCacheProcedure, monCachedProcedure, monCacheProcedures, spinlock, contention, upgrade, migration, LWP, "light weight procedure", compilation , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.