When opening a payment allocation from a bank statement item you get the error message: Period within closing phase; manual maintenance required by accounting.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Allocation view.
- Open the allocation with status In Preparation that is linked to the respective bank statement item (Preceding Document Type Bank Statement).
Notice the error message: Period within closing phase; manual maintenance required by accounting.
The reason for the error message is that the respective accounting period, which the payment allocation posting date lies on, is closed for closing step 010 - Operational postings.
You have to open the accounting period for closing step 010 - Operational postings by following the steps below:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Click Open and Close Periods under Common Tasks view.
- For the combination of Company ID and Set Of Books, select the respective Accounting Period ID.
- In the First Allowed Step column select the option 010 - Operational postings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save and Close button.
As a result you should be able to post the respective payment allocation.
010; 020; operational postings; closing entries; , KBA , period within closing phase; manual main , 010 , 020 , operational postings , closing entries , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To