The output status of a customer invoice created in a Intercompany scenario remains pending.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search for the invoice ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice).
- Edit the invoice and go to the Output History tab.
- The status of the output document is Pending.
The communication arrangement maintained in the account is XML which has a special handling due to which the status remain as Pending. In this case a message is sent from Customer Invoice to the Supplier. The Supplier will get the XML but the status is not changed in Output History. Hence the status Pending is fine and this will not have any impact.
Follow the below steps to check the Communication arrangement maintained in the Account:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Select the account and choose Edit button.
- Go to the Communication tab and select the Collaboration subtab.
- Select the row for Customer Invoice / Credit Memo to check the communication arrangement type.
This also applies to Sales Order Confirmations sent via the Output Channel XML.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , xml , sales order , customer invoice , pending , intercompany , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , Problem