- Crystal Reports stop responding, then close.
- Could successfully refresh the same report in Crystal Reports before.
- When refreshing a report based off a Salesforce.com data source in Crystal Reports 2013, it crash.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2013, create a report off a Salesforce.com data source.
- Add a couple of database fields to the details section of the report.
- When refreshing the report, Crystal Reports crash or displays the following error before crashing:
"Database Connector Error: ‘HY000:[Simba][Salesforce] (22) Error parsing XML response from
Salesforce: not well-formed at line 1[Database Vendore Code: 22 ]’"
- The issue only occurs when at least one database fields that contains a large number of characters is added to the report.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01711865
- The issue is resolved in the following product update:
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 03 and above
- If it is not possible to apply the above product update for some time, then to workaround this issue, refresh the report in one of the following product version:
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
CR, Salesforce.com, crash , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed