When you preview any Customer Invoice Documents, the External Reference Number is missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select Invoice Documents
- Preview a Customer Invoice.
The SAP standard customer invoice forms do not include the External Reference by default. If required you would need to add it by you.
-You can either make the changes in the existing Form.
-Create your own form, copying the existing form and make the required changes (As feasible for you).
You need to maintain the binding path in the form, as below:
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Select Form Template Maintenance view and select the Customer Invoice form.
- Open with Easy Form Editor and select and add the field. i.e.Field Name: CustomerInvoice-ReferenceBusinessTransactionDocumentID.
- Save it and later Publish and Close.
- After completing Step 1, again select the Form and Open it in LifeCycle Designer.
- Select the field which you added in Easy Form Editor as mentioned in Step 1.
- You can change the Name (for eg: to External Reference).
- Once done, you need to maintain the binding with value(Binding path is) :-$.CustomerInvoice.ReferenceBusinessTransactionDocumentID.
- Publish the Form Template.
Now, External Reference should be visible in the Invoice Document form preview.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To