During the replication of cost centers, you get the error message "Locking failed; organizational center XYZ is locked by SAP_SYSTEM" (where XYZ stands for an actual organizational center ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Master Data Replication work center.
- Under Import view, select the Cost Centers.
- Select the required Remote Cost Center ID.
- Press Replicate All button.
You got the error message because pending Employee Replication Request is still running, which locks the Organization Center object for editing.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Background Jobs view.
- Select All Running Jobs and click the Go button.
- You will find at least one Employee Master Data Replication Request Processing Run with status Running.
System users lock the referred organizational center because a background job of the employee replication performs updates in the organizational assignment of the employees. Hence, if the organization center is locked by another replication request like Employee Replication, it is not possible to start the Cost Center replication in parallel.
The opposite can also be true: if a Cost Center replication is running, an Employee Replication run cannot be trigger because both execute changes to organizational centers. One will not be able to lock the object for editing while the same is already locked by the other.
You can start the Cost Center replication once the pending Employee Replication is finished.
Locking Failed, SAP_SYSTEM, Replication , KBA , AP-HMD-RPL , HCM-Master Data Replication , How To