When Creating a New Service Confirmation the error : Copying referenced sales order item ID ABC-YY for service confirmation is not possible as it is enabled for time recording is triggered.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- From the Common Task create the New Sales Order.
- In the New Sales Order screen, enter Account and other details and click on the Save button. The Sales Order ABC (where ABC is sales order id) is created.
- Click on the Edit button for sales order ABC and go to the Items tab.
- Click Add Row button and for line-item YY add the service item PQR(where PQR is service item of type Time and Material or Fixed Price).
- Now click on the button Submit->Release to Service Execution.
- Go to the Field Service and Repair work center.
- Go to the Order Pipeline view and in the Show field from drop-down select All Orders to be Execution and in the Find field enter sales order id ABC.
- Select the record and click on the button Confirm Execution.
In the New Service Confirmation screen the error :Copying referenced sales order item ID ABC-YY for service confirmation is not possible as it is enabled for time recording is triggered.
You activated the scoping question "Do you want to record time for sales orders" in your Business Configuration. Therefore the confirmation for the Service is not done when you manually create a Service Confirmation and therefore the Service is also not populated automatically when creating a manual Service Confirmation.
In this case the Service Confirmation is automatically created when the employee records his/her time for the respective Sales Order Item. The Service Performer can record the time by going to the Home work center. He/She can enter the time and upon the “Release” action the Service Confirmation is automatically created by the system.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the current Project and click on button Edit Project Scope.
- In the Scoping screen go to the Step 4:Questions.
- In the Show field from drop-down select All Elements and expand the scoping element:Sales ->Selling Products and Services->Sales Order.
- Select the Question for Sales Orders: Do you want to record time for sales orders?
If you would like to confirm the Service via a manual Service Confirmation you have to set this as NO (i. e. checkbox should not be selected)
See also the following Blog: How to sell Services in Sales Order
Sales Order; Service; Service Confirmation; Copying referenced sales order item , KBA , AP-SCO-SC , Service Confirmation , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To