- A JDBC application using jConnect JDBC driver to connect to SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), passes text data to the database via dynamic prepared SQL.
- DYNAMIC_PREPARE property is set to "true", which is the default for jConnect 7.0.
- The field on ASE is defined as TEXT.
- The data for this field can be sent at various lengths.
- When length is 16K or less, no errors occur and the SQL completed successfully.
- When length is between 16K and 32K this error occurs: java.sql.SQLException: The token datastream length was not correct. This is an internal protocol error.
- When length is over 32K this error occurs: java.sql.SQLException: Type '6c' not implemented.
- The type value such as '6c' is arbitrary and is based on what ASE reads from the TDS stream.
- The error messages originate from the ASE side.
- When passing large amounts of text data through jConnect JDBC Driver with DYNAMIC_PREPARE=true, exception is thrown: java.sql.SQLException: Type '6c' not implemented
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.5
- JDBC driver 7.0
- Sample version string from jConnect 7.0 (15.5 ESD#11): 7.00(Build 26548)/P/EBF19559/JDK16/Thu Sep 29 9:30:50 2011.
- SAP Sybase ASE 15.7
- java 6 or higher.
- Any platform (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP).
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
jConn, longchar, blob, blob_varchar, 1.6 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.