- The dashboard was designed by connecting to the BW BEx Query through BICS connection
- The BW BEx Query include BW Variable which was configured as the Query Prompt Selector
- View the dashboard from designer or BI Launch Pad, the data for Dashboard is not filtered correctly according to the selection from Query Prompt Selector
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 / 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Design the dashboard connecting to the BW BEx Query through BICS connection.
- During the design phase, from the prompt window to fill the value for BW Variable.
- The data is not filtered according to the selected value, instead, it's return all the data.
- Drag the BW Variable into the dashboard as Query Prompt Selector, the same problem will happen if preview the dashboard or view the dashboard from BI Launch Pad.
The BW Variable for the Characteristic was defined under the Default Values tab from the BEx Query Designer.
Remove the BW Variable definition from the Default Values tab and redefine it under the Characteristic Restrictions tab from BEx Query designer.
Note: The value restriction and variable which defined under the Default Values tab are not supported by Dashboard. The same function is also not supported
by Web Intelligence document and Crystal Report. The reporting tools which are support the Default Values definition are Analysis Edition for OLAP, Analysis Edition
for Office and Design Studio.
During internal test, we found the Default Values definition was work on some old version of BI 4.0, that's not a correct behavior and it's be treated as a issue and was
fixed in one of the patch in BI 4.0 SP04. Onwards, we don't have plan to support the Default Values definition for Dashboard, Web Intelligence document and Crystal Report,
if you have to make the definition for Default Values, then you should choose the tools which list above that are support this function.
dashboard 4.0, dashboard 4.1, BICS, BEx Query, filter fail, dashboard filter not work, filter not return correct data, full data return, all data return, Query Prompt Selector, Default Values, default value, default value definition, Characteristics Restriction, BW Mandatory Variable, BW Optional Variable, Webi, CR, CR4E, AOLAP, AOffice , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem