In the Payables work center, you click on Automatic Payments and find out that for one payment proposal, the Payment Method field is empty.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center.
- Go to the Automatic Payments view.
- Show All Payment Proposals.
- For the Payment proposal in question, you can see the Payment Method is empty.
- Choose Edit, you get the error message: Payment details must be determined.
- Check the Financial Data in the master data of the concerned Payee, you can see both the payment methods: Check and Bank Transfer are available.
The payee of this payment proposal is in another country, so this is an international payment. For international payments, the field Bank Charges Paid By in the Financial Data tab of supplier master data, a mandatory field for international bank transfer, should be maintained. However in this case it is empty, so the system does not propose the payment method for the automatic payment.
In order to have the system propose the Payment Method for this payee during the payment run, maintain Bank Charges Paid By in the Supplier master data. For already created payment proposals, you may either void or edit it to manually change the Payment Method.
payment method missing, outgoing payment proposal. , KBA , international bank transfer , payables , payment method , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To