- List of Values prompts with incorrect Date value.
- Database Date value changed from 01/01/1900 to 02/07/2036 in LOV of Crystal Report connected to .unv Universe.
- Crystal Reports 2011 SP08
- Crystal Reports 2013 SP01
- Oracle Database 11g
- Universe Designer
- BI 4.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Crystal report of a .unv universe with Oracle date field that has a value 01/01/1900.
- In Query Panel add a filter based on the date field and select "prompt".
- Refresh the report and observe incorrect value in LOV prompt.
In 32 bit representation of NTP TimeStamp used by Oracle 1/1/1900 and 2/7/2036 are zero values, because
2/7/2036 - 1/1/1900 = 136 years 33 days = 4,294,967,296 seconds
Converting seconds from Decimal to Binary gets 32 bits overflow
(4294967296)10 = (100000000000000000000000000000000)2
Crystal Reports incorrectly converts 32 bit zero value to the incorrect Date value.
Update Crystal Reports as this is not an issue in Crystal Reports 2013 SP02.
Workaround: Enter Date value manually.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem