In Sales Order the Create Project button is not enabled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Sales Orders work center.
- Choose Sales Orders view.
- Find and choose sales order XYZ (Represents the sales order ID).
- Choose Edit button.
- Choose View All button.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Here you can see the Create Project button is not enabled.
Create Project button will be enabled for the following mentioned conditions:
- A sales order can be linked to the a single project task or single project check the sales order is linked to the project task. You can check this in the sales order items tab, check the Project Task field is assigned to another project task. If it is linked to the project task the Create Project button will not be enabled. If the project task is removed form the project task field Create Project button will be enabled.
- The Product Type should be Service then only the Create Project button button is enabled.
- In the intercompany process system automatically generates the Sales Order and the Intercompany Project with status In preparation and In planning for the partner company out of intercompany Purchase Order, the Sales Order is system generated and it is automatically liked to the system generated Intercompany Project hence the Create Project button is not enabled.
In this case the customer was using intercompany scenario hence the Create Project button is not enabled.
System is behaving as designed.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To