This Package applies to these issues:
• Due to increased memory usage, the xcomms process trapped and as a result, the servers in a Primary/Replication server configuration crashed. 
• A memory leak with the xcomms process caused the stack heap to fill up and as a result, new connections were not permitted. Note: When the stack heap was full, the xcomms process would trap. 
• When a Java Client SUSE Linux 11 client responded to an outbound notification against a Replication server for a channel, newly-created under a folder and freshly replicated, it crashed the xcomms.exe. New channels created on the root did not experience this issue. Also in other situations, after replication, xcomms.exe crashed on a regular basis. 
• When a custom view based on Android software inventory was run, the system locked up and all new connections to the Afaria server failed. 
• When pushing a CSP policy to a Windows Mobile device, the settings for Wi-Fi, VPN, and proxy settings were not being populated on the device. 
• Improved the Afaria Administrator performance by changing the default Server Log view (Server | Server Log) to display only the first 5000 records. Other views, including all records, can still be accessed using the Select View feature. Also corrected an issue in which the default Server Log view did not display the full breadcrumb path. These improvements will eliminate the previous behaviors seen: the selected Server Log view did not load (except for the default log view, "Messages"), opening the Server Log resulted in excessive memory usage by the Afaria Service Host and in an internal error, and the Administrator encountered a "System.TimeOutException” error. 
• Editing date and time related criteria, such as the "Last Client Connect" criteria field, in the Device Custom View caused the Administrator UI to crash. The exception error, "System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format." was reported in the Server Event Viewer log. No error was reported in the Afaria Server log. 
SAP Afaria 7 Service Pack 2 Hot Fix 04A
release notes , KBA , MOB-AFA , Afaria , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.