For a particular Cut Off Date the report Aging List for Receivables is checked against the balance of trade receivables g/l accounts as shown for corresponding period.
The assumption is that the Outstanding Amount represents the account balance for the involved receivables g/l accounts.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To retrieve the Aging List for Receivables:
- Go to the Receivables work center and enter the Reports view.
- Under List choose Aging List for Receivables.
- Select a relevant Cut Off Date and press Go.
- Take note of the result figure XXX shown in column Outstanding Amount.
To compare with the G/L Account Balance:
- Go to the General Ledger work center and enter the General Ledger Accounts view.
- Enter the affected receivables account(s) in the G/L Account field.
- Specify the relevant Period and Fiscal Year and press Go.
- An Account Balance is shown as YYY representing the balance of debit and credit.
The balance of involved receivables g/l accounts can only be an approximation for the Outstanding Amount as expressed in the Aging List.
The Aging List for Receivables checks the due date of an invoice. If the due date is before the cut-off date but not yet cleared until the cut off date, then it is being considered in the Aging list report as due item.
If the due date is after the cut-off date but the invoice was open in the period (document's posting date* before the cut-off date) until the cut-off date, then the invoice is considered in the report but appears in the Not Due Amount column of the report.
The trial balance report only considers the posting date of an invoice.
- For a specific customer account the trial balance shows 1.000,00 EUR for the period 005.2014, corresponding with the G/L Accounts - Line Items report figures for this period.
- In the Aging List for Receivables, Cut Off Date 31.05.2014, an amount of 1.100,00 EUR is displayed for this account.
- The delta of 100,00 EUR represents customer invoice XYZ over 100,00 EUR.
- Due Date of invoice XYZ is 20.05.2014. It has been cleared on 10.06.2014, meaning after the cut off date.
*Please note: The Aging List reports only consider the in the invoice document maintained posting date. If the source document has to get posted on a later date, as displayed in the Journal Entry, possibly after the Aging Lists cut-off date, then this is currently not being considered in the reports.
aging, outstanding amount, receivables, trial balance , KBA , outstanding amount , aging , receivables , trial balance , AP-DUE , Due Item Processing , How To