Last and fist name of an employee is not displayed in the order you expect.
Reproducing the Issue
In our example we will use an employee which is located in Japan.
Go to the People work center.
Select the Employees view.
Open employee ABC EFG(ABC represents the first name and EFG represents the last name of the employee)
On the left pane header the name of the employee is displayed ABC EFG (First Name Last Name).
However in Japan the order should be EFG ABC (Last Name First Name).
Every business partner person has a value for the attribute Country for Name Format. If for the corresponding country value name formatting rules are maintained in your Business Configuration the system will use the formatting accordingly. If no rule for this specific country has been maintained a fall back is used to format the name.
In our example, for employee ABC EFG the value for the attribute Country for Name Format is JP - Japan. However no name formatting rule for the country Japan has been maintained in the system.
You can check the Country for Name Format for the employee as follows:
- Go to the Business Partner work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the employee ABC EFG.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on the Additional Name Fields hyperlink.
- In the field Country for Name Format the respective value for this attribute is in your case JP – Japan.
To maintain a rule for the respective country (Japan in our example) you can use the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the First Implementation view.
- Select you implementation project.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Select All Activities in the Show field.
- Select the General Business Partners and click on the Add to Project button.
- Open the activity and click on the Maintain Name Formats hyperlink.
- Click on the Add Row button in the Name Formats section.
- Add the country JP – Japan.
- In the Details of Name Format section you can add the respective fields and their position as per requirement for the country you just added.
- Click on the Save and Close button.
The formatting for the employee ABC EFG is now done according to the rule you have just created.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To