When posting or simulating a journal entry resulting from the transaction Manual Posting - Partial Transfer of Individual Material for fixed asset XYZ, you notice a residual amount posted against the involved fixed asset g/l accounts. The origin of this additional item in the journal entry is unclear.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the Fixed Asset XYZ.
- You can either Edit the asset and then apply manual postings or directly access this feature by choosing Manual Posting.
- Choose Partial Transfer of Individual Material.
- Fill in all required parameters for amount, accounting period, and target fixed asset.
- Either Post or Simulate the resulting journal entry.
In the periods relevant for the partial transfer, an adjustment posting reducing or increasing the book value at the time has been conducted. This amount will be proportionally applied when partially transferring and individual material.
- A Partial Transfer of Individual Material over 1.000 EUR shall be conducted for fixed asset XYZ relating to the Previous Years with a posting date 01.01.2013.
- At the end of fiscal year 2012 the asset had a book value of 10.000 EUR.
- In 2012, an adjustment of Value Type Revaluation of Acquisition Cost over 200 EUR has been posted.
Consequently a residual adjustment of -20 EUR will be posted against the target fixed asset in the resulting posting from the Partial Transfer of Individual Material.
KBA , fixed asset , target , residual amount , partial transfer of individual material , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To