When using a frontend tool, that accesses SAP BW via the MDX or BICS interface, unexpected problems such as wrong data occur. It's not clear which transactions and traces can be used to analyze the interaction. SAP support requests RSTT trace to do further investigation.
- MDX Interface : For SAP BI Tools, Web Intelligence(WebI), Crystal Report(CR), Voyager, LiveOffice, Query-as-an-WebService(QssWS) on XI3.1, and UNV universe based SAP BI 4.x clients
- BICS Interface : For SAP BI Tools, WebI, Crystal Report for Enterprise(CR4E), Dashboards, Analysis, Edition for OLAP(AOLAP), A-Office on BI 4.x
- For 3rd Party Providers (Cognos, Arcplan, Microstrategy, ... ), it's also using MDX interfater to connect SAP BW and follow note 187646 and discuss the problem with the 3rd Party support first.
Then, How to enable RSTT Trace in SAP BW in order to figure out root cause?
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.x
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW)
BICS_PROV_VAR_SET_VARIABLES, MDX Part: BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_CATALOGS,
BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_HIERARCHYS, how to rstt, how to rstt trace, mdx rstt, mdx, rstt mdx, tracing, rstt tracing, bics trace, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, extract, record , KBA , gscuk_video , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-RA-BICS , BI consumer services , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP , Analyzing Data , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.