- Text does not display on top of a picture.
- In Excel, the text does not appear on top of a picture, like in Crystal Reports.
- The text does not appear on top of the image in MS Excel, when exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Excel format, that contains an image, with a text object added on top of the image.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off any data sources.
- Insert a picture in any section of the report.
- Insert a text on top of the picture.
- Export the report to MS Excel format.
- When opening the spreadsheet generated in MS Excel, the text appears one line below the picture.
It does not appear on the picture as it appears in Crystal Reports.
- This is a limitation in Excel where it cannot hold image and text both in the same cell. That's the reason we see the text moved to a different cell.
- Since it is a limitation of the MS Excel format, there is nothing that can be done. The only suggestion will be to export the report to a different format, like PDF format.
Crystal Report, Export to Excel, xls, XLS , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016