Dashboards containing Universe (UNX) queries or BEx queries created using Query Browser may display error message windows during runtime if the dashboard fails to execute successfully. Usually the error messages state "Cannot Access External Data". So you do not want to display any such error messages during runtime.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Universe (UNX) or BEx query using query browser
- Preview the dashboard
- Get "Cannot Access External Data" error message if any of the queries fail
- Select "Add Query" from Query Browser
- Select Data Source
- Specify the Universe/BEx query
- Build Query
- Preview Query Result
- Under Usage Options check the "Hide Error Message Window". "Insert In" will insert the error message description in a spreadsheet cell
This options suppresses XLS000003, XLS000006 and XLS000009 error messages that may occur during dashboard runtime.
suppress dashboard errors runtime, runtime errors, suppress xcelsius errors , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To