You are trying to configure payment terms for suppliers of the following type: a fixed percentage paid upon receipt and another fixed percentage after a certain amount of time.
It is not possible to use the payment terms configuration for this; a payment term only specifies the discount rate for payments made in a certain amount of time.
In order to achieve the desired behavior, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Payables work center
- Go to the Suppliers > Supplier Accounts view
- Select a supplier and click on View
- Select the Trade Payables > Invoices / Payments tab
- Select a payment and click on Actions > Split Open Item
- Add a new row and enter a percentage for the invoice amount; for the first percentage, specify an immediate due date and, for the second, the due date required.
- This has to be done manually for each invoice you want to pay using installments.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To