You are trying to migrate Product Category Hierarchy into the system, but the error message "Service Call failed; report an incident" is getting raised.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Overview work center view.
- Search and open the activity Product Category Hierarchy.
- Click the link to Migrate product category hierarchy using the migration tool.
- In the next screen, select the relevant migration file
- Click the Execute Migration, then select Execute Migration Step by Step.
- The error message is raised in the Simulation step.
The reason for this issue could be that there is already a product category hierarchy maintained in the system. This can be verified in the Product Categories work center view, either in the Product Data or the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
If you have already migrated or created a product category hierarchy in your system, then it is not possible to migrate product categories further. If you have a requirement to add new categories, then this should be performed manually in the Product Categories work center view.
Product Categories, Migration, Service Call Failed , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , AP-PRD-PCH , Product Category Hierarchy , How To