- In Microsoft Visual Studio you can select ADO.NET Data Sources, such as in Server Explorer, to represent the connection to the backend database server.
- With SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), there is the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider to create a connection to the ASE.
- However, when using Visual Studio (msdev) 2012, this capability is missing.
- When adding a connection there is no Data Source available in the list for the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider:
- SAP Sybase Software Developers Kit (SDK) 15.7
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider
- 4.0 Provider (Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll)
- SAP Sybase ASE 15.7
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or 2013
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
ADONET Data msdev MSDEV 4.0 framework adonet Studio 2012 .net 4 , KBA , adonet studio 2010 , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.