You have created a supplier credit memo manually. When you are trying to add the reference of the relevant purchase order to the credit memo the system does not allow you to do so.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Navigate to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search for the relevant credit memo which was manually created, select it and choose the Edit button.
- In the edit screen choose the View All button and navigate to the Items tab.
- Select the line item, choose the value help button for the column Order ID.
In the Select: Order ID screen you are not able to see the relevant purchase order Id which needs to be referenced to the credit memo.
The reason why you are not able to select the relevant purchase order in the line items tab of your credit memo is because the purchase order is with the status Finished. You will not be able to manually select a purchase order with the status Finished for a manually created credit memo.
You need to create the credit memo directly from the purchase order or the return to supplier document. Please follow the below given steps to do so.
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Navigate to the Invoice Entry view.
- In the field Show select the option All Returns to be Invoiced and in the field Find enter the return to supplier id.
- Select the return and choose the button New Credit Memo.
- In the New Credit Memo screen, enter the values that are required and post the credit memo.
This new document will have the relevant purchase order as reference document.
Not Able To Select Reference Purchase Order For Supplier Credit Memo, supplier credit memo manually. , KBA , not able to select reference purchase , purchase order for supplier credit memo , supplier credit memo manually , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To