Cannot bind multiple prompts, with same name, to same query prompts selector when prompts are created at Universe (IDT) level, @Prompts.
- Dashboard 4.0 SP06
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Data Foundation, connecting any DB within IDT.
- Create Parameter using @Prompt within the Data Foundation.
- Create Business Layer off that.
- Create dashboard off this query using Query Browser.
- Bind the Parameter (@Prompt) to Query Prompt Selector.
- Add another query using Query Browser, connecting to same Business Layer.
- Try to Bind the Parameter (@Prompt) to the same Query Prompt Selector.
- The binding for the previous Parameter will get erased.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01702728
This issue has been addressed/fixed in:
BI4.0 Support Pack 6, Patch 6
BI4.0 Support Pack 7, Patch 2
BI4.0 Support Pack 8
BI4.0 Support Pack 9, Patch 1
BI4.0 Support Pack 10
BI4.1 Support Pack 1, Patch 3
BI4.1 Support Pack 3, Patch 1
BI4.1 Support Pack 4
@Prompt loosing binding, prompt loosing binding, parameter loose binding , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed