How to map the Description field of the sales order to the customer invoice form.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Show All Invoicing Documents and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Edit the customer invoice XYZ and select the View All button.
- Go to the Documents Flow tab and open the sales order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the sales order for which the invoice has been created).
- Select the View All button in the sales order screen.
- Go to the General tab where you can find the Description field.
- Now go to the customer invoice XYZ screen again and select the Preview button.
You cannot find the Description field of the sales order in the preview and you want to know the procedure to add it in the form template.
The Description field of the sales order is not available in the customer invoice form since it is not added in the Customer Invoice Form Template.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Flexibility view.
- Go to the Form Template Maintenance subview.
- Select the Advanced search option.
- Add Customer Invoice in the Form Template Group field and select the Go button.
- Select the relevant form template and open it in the Easy Form Editor.
- In the Easy Form Editor, select the Contact Information (first page) section.
- Select the Add button and choose Field.
- In the pop-up window expand FormInvoiceRequest -> then expand CustomerInvoice.
- Find the filed CustomerInvoice-Cus tomerInvoiceRequestName and add this field to the template.
- Save and Publish the form template.
Now if you use this form template for the customer invoices then the Description field of the sales order will be available in the preview.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To