- Moving or adding objects to a report takes a long time.
- Need to wait for a while every time an object is moved, edited or added to the report.
- Very slow when editing a report in Crystal Reports after applying a product update.
- When performing modification of the same report in previous version of Crystal Reports, it is instantaneous, or much faster moving, editing or adding objects to the report.
- Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 5 and above.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off a data source that contains a very large number of database fields.
- Attempts to edit, move, or add objects to the report design, and notice it is very slow to do so.
- This situation occurs because the data source contains a very large number of objects. ( More than 250 database fields ) And every time the report is edited, it has to reread the definitions of all the objects. Since there is a large number of objects on the reports, it takes time to edit, move, or add a new objects.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01692563
- Performance improvement for reports with a large number of database fields have been added to the following product updates, and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 6.3
- Service Pack 7
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 02
- Important Note: Best practice is to only returns to Crystal Reports the necessary database fields for the report, therefore if there is slow responses when editing a report in Crystal Reports, remove the unnecessary tables, or remove the unnecessary objects returned by a stored procedure, command objects or SAP BW BEx Query.
CR, Slow, Performance , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013