When creating a manual customer invoice, you want to choose an Invoicing Unit ABC from the selection list. After selection, the Invoicing Unit name displayed as DEF (ABC and DEF represents that name of the Invoicing Unit). You want to know why the Invoicing Unit name changed after selection.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the task New Manual Invoice.
- Open the value help of Invoicing Unit field.
- Choose ABC from the list.
- After updated, DEF is displayed in the Invoicing Unit field instead.
It is because you have maintained the Associcated Business Partner to the Invoicing Unit organization. SAP Business ByDesign system will display the Associcated Business Partner name if it is maintained in the customer invoice.
To check the Associcated Business Partner assignment:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Org Structures view.
- Go to the Definitions tab. You can see that the org ABC is assigned to partner DEF.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To