- A report created off Active Directory Services returns only 1,000 records in the Crystal Reports.
- An error "Database Connector Error: ADO Error Code: 0x80072023 Source Provider Description: The size limit for this request was exceeded" is occurred when creating a report off Active Directory Services in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2003
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report in Crystal Reports designer.
- Select OLEDB(ADO) connection in Database Expert.
- From Provider list select OLEDB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services.
- Add the Data Source.
- The error message displayed is as shown below:
- MaxPageSize poilcy set by LDAP administrator and by default it is 1000.
- MaxPageSize - This value controls the maximum number of objects that are returned in a single search result, independent of how large each returned object is.
- To perform a search where the result might exceed this number of objects, the client must specify the paged search control. This is to group the returned results in groups that are no larger than the MaxPageSize value. To summarize, MaxPageSize controls the number of objects that are returned in a single search result.
Refer the following link:-
Which describes MaxPageSize as follows and the steps to modify this setting under section "Modifying policy settings"
LDAP 1000 fields displayed, Database Connector Error: Description: The size limit for this request was exceeded. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem