You want the account ID to be picked as default ship-to party in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select New Sales Orders under Common Tasks.
- Add the account ABC in the sales order (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- The ship-to party picked in the sales order is XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- You are expecting that the ship-to party picked should be by default the account ID.
In the account XYZ you have maintained the relationship Has the Ship-To Party as XYZ, hence if you create a sales order for account ABC then the ship-to party will always be XYZ not the account ID itself.
If you want the ship-to part to be by default the account ID, then you need to remove the Has Ship-to Part relationship from the account:
- Go to the Accounts Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Open the account ABC and select the View All button.
- Go to the Contacts tab and select the Relationship and Responsibilities tab.
- Remove the Has the Ship-To Party as XYZ from the Relationships section (XYZ is the ID of the business partner maintained as ship-to party).
- Save your changes.
Now if you create a new sales order for the account ABC, the default ship-to party ID will always be ABC.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To