The field added in the sales quote form template appears in Preview but not in the PDF generated in the Output History of the sales quote.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view.
- Show All Quotes and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales quote.
- Select the Preview button.
- In the Preview shows the Internal Comments field added in the form template.
- Now open the sales quote in View All mode.
- Go to the Output History tab.
- Open the PDF, the Internal Comments field is not available here.
The changes include the form template by adding the Internal Comments field was done after the generation of the Output History in the sales quote XYZ.
The Preview always shows the latest form template changes, however the Output History is a historical record which shows the data as per the form template data during the submission of the quote.
You can test another Quote which has been completed after the changes made in the form template, this quote shows the Internal Comments field.
Note: The behavior is same in other business documents like Sales Order, Customer Invoice etc.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , AP-LP , Lead Processing , How To