You created self initiated payments (for example, incoming direct debit) for customers (for example, by executing the receivables payment run). When uploading a bank statement reflecting those transactions you notice that these payments are not allocated to the corresponding customer account in the payment allocation tab Customer/Supplier. The same applies to outgoing direct debit payments to suppliers.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You can access relevant payment allocation either in:
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Navigate to the Payment Allocations view.
- Select the relevant payment allocation.
- or via the posted bank statement.
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Open the Bank Statements view.
- Navigate to the relevant bank statement and edit.
- Follow the link Postprocessing required to access the relevant payment allocation.
- The relevant payment allocation is in status In Preparation.
Self-initiated payments, like incoming direct debit, are not intended to be posted against the business partner account since the actual payments are expected to be recorded in the system already. Instead the bank transactions should be matched and allocated against those candidate payments in the payment allocation.
There are however scenarios where self-initiated payments are supposed to be automatically allocated and cleared against a corresponding business partner account. In case the self-initiated payment has been executed in a previous legacy system this requirement might occur. In order to facilitate such a process the matching of external transaction code and applied payment method will have to be adjusted.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Choose the activity Automatically Generated Bank Statements / Edit import formats for automatic generated bank statements.
- Highlight the relevant Import Format (for example, MT940 UK).
In the bottom pane - definitions for External Transaction Codes and their corresponding Payment Methods are listed. For the External Transaction Code representing Direct Debit, Debit/Credit: Decrease/Increase - the Payment Method would have to be changed from Payment Processing - Of Outgoing Direct Debit or Payment Processing - Of Incoming Direct Debit to Outgoing Bank Transfer or Incoming Bank Transfer respectively. After uploading a bank statement and depending on applied matching rules defined in the activity Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines an automatic payment allocation and/or clearing against Customer/Supplier instead of Payment Assignment will be possible.
automatic allocation, self initiated payments, payment assignment , KBA , automatic allocation , self initiated payments , payment assignment , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To