BEx variable that has been defined in the "Default Value" area of BEx query designer is ignored in Dashboard and data are not filtered based on it
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.x
- SAP BW
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a BEx query that includes a variable and specify the variable as a "Default Value".
- Create a Dashboard that is based on a BICS connection and is based on the BEx query that was created.
- Pass the value from Dashboard to BEx.
- The data will be returned, but the data won't be filtered by the value that was entered for the variable.
- Default values filters are not supported in BI 4.x products that use Query Panel like Dashboard, Crystal Reports for Enterprise or Web Intelligence.
- Other products that do not use Query Panel like Analysis OLAP and Analysis for Office, BEx Analyzer still support Default Values filtering.
- Instead of implementing the variables as "Default Values" in the BEx query, they should be implemented as "Characteristic Restrictions".
- Dashboard will perform the filtering based on BEx variables that are specified as "Characteristic Restrictions".
KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem