When you use Migration of Materials to enhance the Planning Area of Materials, migration throws below error message:
Changing PLANNING_MEASURE_UNIT_CODE not possible; field is read-only
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select Open Activity List button.
- Go to Integrate and Extend Phase.
- Search and open Migration of Materials activity.
- Select Migration of Materials using Migration Tool.
- Execute the Migration of the uploaded file.
Note: The Migration Mode is Enhance already existing records which is for enhancing the existing Materials.
It is not possible update the planning records of any Material if any of the planning or availability data is already present for the Material. This functionality is not supported in current release of Business ByDesign and will be added as a requirement for one of the future release.
In the below documentation, you can find the fields that can be enhanced using Migration Template:
1. Search in the Help Center section using the title Prepare for Data Migration in a Change Project and open the link.
2. Expand Tasks section.
3. Expand Fill migration templates section.
Note: The feature of updating the new planning area to an Existing Material is not available Mass Change of Materials also.
In case, if you have a material and there is no Planning Area maintained (means Planning Area tab of the Material is empty) then you can use Migration template to add the new planning area and steps are as follows,
1. Download the Migration of Materials Template.
2. Open the Template and go to Planning sheet and maintain the Planning Area details.
3. Save and close the Template.
4. Open the Migration Activity "Migration of materials" and upload the file.
5. Change the Migration Mode to "Enhance already existing records" through Properties.
6. Execute the Migration.
You can use Mass Change of Materials to change or add Planning Group ID.
- In the Mass Change screen, you can further select the Material based on the Planning Area using CTRL key in the keyboard.
- Update the Planning Group ID in the default row.
- Select Apply mass Change and choose Selected Items.
KBA , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , Product Enhancement