You try to post a payment allocation, the open amount is fully allocated, however the Post button is grayed out, and the system gives error message: combining advices of advice collection and other payments not possible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center, and select the Payment Allocations view.
- Show all In Preparation allocations, and select the one in question.
- Edit the Payment Allocation.
- You could see that the open amount is zero, but the Post button is grayed out.
Also, the system gives error message: combining advices of advice collection and other payments not possible.
This payment allocation is created for uploaded bank statement items, so the allocation is automatically done by the system. Go to the Payment Assignment tab of the allocation, you could see there are payment advice items, and other normal payment items like bank transfers. The issue lies in the payment advice item. One of the Payment Advices is already confirmed in the bank statement, but somehow still assigned in this payment allocation, this is why the system cannot process the payment allocation.
In order to fix the issue and successfully post the payment allocation, follow the steps below:
- Edit the concerned Payment Allocation.
- Go to the Payment Assignment tab, and from the lower table, find the Payment Advice that has already been confirmed.
- Move it back to the upper table, and the value of this payment advice becomes the new open amount of the payment allocation.
- You may choose other not confirmed item, and move it to the table below.
- Or you can go to the Customer/Supplier tab, specify a customer or supplier, and choose Assign on Account Payment to directly assign the open amount to account.
You should be able to fix the issue in this way.
KBA , payment advice , combining advices of advice collection , payment allocation , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To