In the Third Party Sales Order, you have entered the fulfillment type as External for all the line items and released the order. System has generated the relevant Purchase Order ID for the same with process type as Third Party. But for one of the line items mentioned in a sales order , system failed to create the purchase order with process type as Third-Party.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders Work Center.
- Go to the Sales Orders View.
- In the field Show, select All Sales Orders using drop down.
- Enter the relevant Sales Order ID and edit it.
- Go to View All and navigate to Items tab.
- Here you can see all line items have the Ship-From Fulfillment as External.
- Now navigate to the Document Flow , here you can find the Third Party Purchase Order ID.
- Now go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders View.
- In the field Show, select All Purchase Orders using drop down.
- Enter the Third Party Purchase Order ID and edit it.
- Choose View All and navigate to the Items tab.
- Check all line items, here you can see One of the line items in a order has the Process Type- Non-Stock instead of Third-Party as all other items.
Since the Purchasing option for the required product against that line item has not been enabled when the third party sales order was released. If you check in the product master data, find that the Purchasing tab is made active after the sales order gets created.
In order to resolve the issue please follow the below given steps:
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose Purchase Requests View.
- In the field Show, select All Purchase Requests ID using drop down.
- Find the relevant Purchase Request ID and Edit it.
- Navigate to the Items tab, now select the required Line Item with product for which Third Party Purchase Order does not get created.
- Go to Actions button and choose Cancel open quantity from it.
- Now again o to the Sales Orders work center and edit the relevant sales order ID.
- Go to the Line items tab and select that particular line item, under Details Section, maintain the Reason for Rejection and perform Save.
- Later select Add Row button and add the same product performing Save. This will create a New Purchase Request and Purchase Order for the same.
Note : You have to cancel the open quantity for the line item in the Purchase Request. Later Reject the line item in the sales order and add the same line item in the sale order document.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To