You are attempting to create new Invoices via Microsoft Excel, but the system shows an error message: 'Duplicate entry. Fix errors and submit data again.'.
Consequently, the new Invoice is not created in the system as expected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Entry view.
- Press New, and then Import from Microsoft Excel.
- Logon to the system using the SAP Add-In.
- Fill the Supplier Invoice Header and the Supplier Invoice Lines.
- Press Save Data To.
- The system displays the error message: Duplicate entry. Fix errors and submit data again.
The problem is caused by the fact that the upload template can only be used once. Once you have uploaded data with the template before, and you try to reuse it, the system will show the duplicate error. Even though you have deleted the visible data, some hidden fields still contain references to the previous upload, and so the system is reporting the data as duplicate.
The simplest solution is to use a fresh template every time and not reuse the template after you have used it to upload Invoices.
Fix, errors, submit, again, duplicate, entry, demand, plan, template , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To