When you are claiming expenses against internal order you receive an error message stating Employee ABC is not Allowed to Use Cost Object XXX of Type Internal Order on MM.DD.YYYY.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to the Travel & Expenses view.
- Click on Request Trip Approval-Claim Travel Expenses.
- Enter the required fields with Cost Assignment as Internal Order.
- Click on Save.
You receive an error message Employee ABC is not Allowed to Use Cost Object XXX of Type Internal Order on MM.DD.YYYY.
This is because the date range of the expense report doesn't fall within employee's valid period in staffing list of the internal order.
You need to update the validity period for user ABC in staffing list in the internal order.
To change the staffing list validity period follow these steps below.
- Go to the Admin work center.
- Go to the Day-To-Day Tasks view.
- Press the link Edit Other Cost Objects.
- Find the internal order XXX & press Edit button.
- In the Staffing List tab, you can see that user ABC is assigned to this internal order XXX and you can change the validity period.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To