- Strange characters on the report.
- Some Memo fields values in Crystal Reports have extra invalid characters added at the end of the text.
For example, it displays the following on the report:
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- MS Excel 2007
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Excel (DAO) report of Excel sheet with memo field (more than 256 characters long).
- Format the Memo field in the report to use Unicode font like "Arial Unicode MS".
- Browse the report pages and observe an extra characters in some of the values.
- There is another DAO connection open to the Excel file.
- It could be an MS Word document with a table inserted from the file or any other application that use DAO connection.
There are several options to avoid the DAO connections conflict:
- Use a copy of the Excel file for reporting; or
- Do not use another application to connect to the file, use "copy and paste" to enter data into Excel file; or
- Use ODBC connection to the Excel file for reporting of it and for entering data.
Garbage, CR, .xlx, Chinese characters , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011