The product warranty does not show up for reference product.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service Desk Work Center.
- Select New Service Request from the Common task.
- Select the Account ABC (ABC represents the identification of an account)
- Select the Reference Product XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of a product with a warranty maintained).
The Warranty Until field is not visible on the service request.
When a product is registered, the system identifies the warranty that is associated with that product. When we require a service for the product, the system determines if the product is still under warranty and if the particular service is covered by the warranty
In order to display the warranty information, the product must be registered.
- Go to the Service Entitlements work center.
- Go to the Register Products view.
- Select New Registered Product.
- Select Registered Product DEF (DEF represents the identification of a registered product).
- Select Product XYZ.
- Change the status to active.
Please see the document "Warranties Quick Guide" in the help center for more details.
KBA , reference product warranty , AP-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To