- Report file size larger than expected when adding pictures.
- In Crystal Reports, high quality images increases the size of report files by more than the size of the images. How to reduce the file report file size?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data sources.
- Insert high quality images on the report.
- Save the report, and notice the report file size is bigger than expected.
- When inserting images on a report, the image is converted to bitmap picture, which increase the size of the image, and therefore size of the report.
- Using large images or a large number of images, high quality images, etc., may cause issues from excessive memory usage, to poor image quality.
- To reduce the report file size, reduce the image size using an image processing utility, and follow the tips below:
- If the image has a palette of 17.6 million colors (24 bit) reduce it to 256 (8 bit)
- If the image is in black and white, reduce the gray scale.
- Reduce the DPI to 200
- Save the image in BMP format with RLE compress.
pic chart picture jpg bmp png cr crw 2001 2011 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020