- Error Message in IDT: Com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver][Server][Connector] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: Could not start JCo Server. See the trace log file 'dev_jco_rfc.trc' for more details.
- SAPJCo trace on the Data Federation APS service shows: Connect to SAP gateway failed. Error hostname unknown. Hostname cached as unknown
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.x
- Information Design Tool (IDT)
- Data Federation Administration Tool (DFAT)
- SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse (BW)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0, feature pack 3 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.3
Error hostname unknown , biSL , KBA , BI-BIP-DF , Data Federation Service , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.