You have a requirement to enhance the Attachment (Link) in some of the Customers (Accounts). When you try to migrate Customer in Enhancement mode only for Attachments, system throws below error message during simulation,
Field 'Attachments-Attachments Folder UUID" cannot be empty in migration mode "Update existing records"
Field 'Attachments-Attachments Document UUID" cannot be empty in migration mode "Update existing records"
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Go to Overview view.
3. Search and open the activity Migration of Customers.
4. Select Migrate customers unsing migration tool
5. Select the file
6. Execute Migration and the system throws above error messages
The system works as designed. It is not possible to Enhance the Attachment of Customers.
The feature described in this incident is not available in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
For further details, you can refer to the documentation can be found using the help center document Configuration: Prepare for Data Migration in a Change Project.
- Expand Task.
- Expand Fill migration templates.
- Section 3. Enhance already existing records
- Select the link Customers — Enhance Records in a Change Project.
This misleading situation exists only in the current release and from next release, you will see that in enhancement mode the sheet for Attachments does not appear at all.
These fields Attachment Folder UUID and Attachment Document UUID are only relevant for the net update. If the user extract the data via Mass Data Maintenance work center, these 2 fields are automatically filled.
So, while migrating the Customer Data using Data Migration these fields can be ignored.
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To