Unable to upload accounts from Microsoft Excel due to potential duplicates.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Account Management work center.
2. Go to the Accounts view.
3. Select the New button and select the Corporate Accounts From Microsoft Excel option.
4. Enter the Account Name similar to the name of existing ones.
5. Select the button Save Data To in the SAP Business ByDesign tab.
You the following error message occurs and the accounts are not uploaded: Potential Duplicates Found.
When attempting to upload new accounts via the excel template the duplicate check is more sensitive compare to the information which is entered manually.
You have 2 possibilities to solve the issue if the data should be really uploaded via excel:
You can deactivate the duplication check manually for specific business partners in the Microsoft Excel Template as follows:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select the New button select the Corporate Accounts From Microsoft Excel option.
- In the Microsoft Excel Template select the respective account.
- Navigate to the column Duplicate Check Indicator.
- Select the No option.
- In the SAP Business ByDesign tab select the button Save Data To.
If you are sure that all the accounts in the excel are not duplicates, deactivate the duplicate check in Business Configuration, upload the data and activate it again afterwards.
Please follow the below steps to do the changes:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view and click on the button View Project Scope.
- Go to the chevron Questions.
- Select the scoping element General Business Data -> Business Partners -> Handling of Business Partners.
- Under question section expand the option Duplicate Check for Business Partners.
- Select Yes for the option Do you want to disable the duplicate check for business partners?
The error message does not occur and you are able to upload the account to your system.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To